Yashu ..


3 months ago

What is the DS160 form and why is it needed?

To study master's in the United States as an international student, you must get an F1 visa that allows you to stay while pursuing your degree. You need to complete the DS-160 F-1 visa application form, also known as the official nonimmigrant visa application form, before being interviewed by a US consulate general and before you can be issued a visa.

Form DS-160 must be filled out online. There is no paper version. You can view a sample Form DS-160 on the official site to help you prepare, but you must complete the online version. You can save your progress as you complete Form DS-160, and return to it later as long as you complete the process within 30 days. You can also save your DS-160 to your computer’s hard drive and upload it again when you’re ready to continue.

In order to complete Form DS-160, you will need your passport and travel itinerary, along with any national ID number issued by your home country, and your Social Security Number or U.S. Taxpayer ID if you have one. You will also need access to your travel and employment history, as well as simple biographical information about your family members and travel companions.

If you don’t have all of these documents on hand, don’t worry! The good news is you can get started on your application now, while you gather the required documents. Once you submit the form, you will have to pay the SEVIS fees [entirely depending on the visa type you are applying for. Also, save the fee receipt as this could be asked for in a visa interview.

#USA #DS160 #masters #studyabroad


Let’s keep Yocket clean, warm and supportive. Kindly adhere to our Community Guidelines when sharing posts.