Masters (MS) in Biological Engineering Abroad
Biological Engineering is the combination of concepts of Biology with the principles of Engineering to create economically feasible products. It is used in the design of medical devices, biocompatible materials, diagnostic equipment, renewable bioenergy and other areas to make living standards better.
In general, Biological Engineers strive to either imitate the biological systems to create products or modify and control biological systems so that they can replace, enlarge, sustain, or anticipate chemical and mechanical processes.
Course Structure will broadly include the following:
- Mathematics: Calculus, Linear Algebra and Differential Equations
- Physics: At least two semesters of calculus-based physics and one semester of Electrical Circuits coursework
- Chemistry: At least two semesters of chemistry coursework
- Life Sciences: Anatomy and Physiology
- Programming: At least two semesters of basic college-level computer science coursework
- Coursework in embedded systems, signals, processing, microprocessors, etc. becomes a necessity if a Medical Devices specialization track is chosen.
The aim of subjects in Biological Engineering is to try to mimic biological systems to control and improve chemical and mechanical processes. Biocatalysis, bioprocess engineering, genetic modification of plants and animals are some of the other areas of application. Some Biological Engineering subjects include:
- Mechanisms of Drug Actions
- Neurotechnology in Action
- Cell-Matrix Mechanics
- Topics in Biophysics and Physical Biology
- Analysis of Biological Networks
- Biomaterials-Tissue Interactions
- Molecular and Cellular Pathophysiology
- Biomedical Information Technology
Some of the specialisations offered under Biological Engineering include:
- Biosensors and Nanotechnology
- Cell and Tissue Physiology
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Food and Bioprocess Engineering
- Packaging Science
- Plant Biotechnology
- Post-Harvest Operations
- Process Microbiology
Biomedical engineers should also possess the following specific qualities:
- Analytical skills. Biomedical engineers must be able to analyze the
- needs of patients and customers to design appropriate solutions.
- Communication skills
- Listening skills
- Math skills
- Problem-solving skills
The requirements to study Biological Engineering for most universities in the US, Canada primarily includes the GRE. Few universities from Germany require GRE scores. However, GRE is not required for admission to Australian universities. IELTS or TOEFL is compulsory for acquiring a student visa and as a proof of English proficiency.
Biological Engineering scholarships 2021 - 2022
- Korean Government Self Finance Support Announced
- Imperium International College Scholarship Program for Domestic Students
- Orange Knowledge Programme Netherlands
- UK Dundee EU postgraduate Scholarships, 2021-22
- Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program AfDB 2021-22
- The South Asia Scholarship - University of Dundee UK 2021-2022
- University of Twente Scholarships Netherlands 2021-2022
- Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2021-2022
- Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program USA
- New Zealand Aid Programme 2021-2022 Scholarships for international students
- Australia Awards Scholarships for International Students
- Global Korea Scholarship - Funded by Korean Government
- Chalmers IPOET Scholarships Sweden
- ETH Zurich Excellence Masters fully funded Scholarships Switzerland
- PhD Biomedical Engineering and Material Scholarships - QUT Australia
- Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships
- ANU Chancellor’s International Scholarship
- British Chevening Scholarships 2021
- Fully-funded International PhD Positions at University of Wyoming, 2020-21
- University of Strathclyde - Biomedical Engineering International Excellence Award
- UNIVPM Master International Scholarship in Italy 2020-21
What Types of Jobs Can I Get In Biological Engineering?
- Cellular, Tissue, and Genetic Engineering
- Clinical Engineering
- Orthopedic Bioengineering
- Medical Imaging
- Systems Physiology
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Software Engineer
Ques. What are Masters in Biology requirements abroad?
Ans. The masters in biology requirements for abroad includes:
- Bachelors degree in Biology and related fields
- At least 60% marks in the course
- Graduation with PCB in 12th.
- English language proficiency
Ques. What are the Subjects under Masters in Biology?
Ans. The subjects under masters in biology include:
- Infection Biology
- Chemical Biology
- Animal Ecology
- Conservation Biology
- Plant Science, etc.
Ques. What are the Job Roles after MS in Biology?
Ans. Job Roles after MS in Biology are:
- IT Manager
- Business Operations Manager
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Petroleum Engineer
- Software Developer
- Research and Development Manager
- Director of Nursing
- Natural Science Manager
Ques. What is the duration of masters in biology?
Ans. The duration of masters in biology is 2 years.
Ques. Is MSc in biology good?