Bachelors in Industrial Management Abroad
Industrial Management is the branch of study which is focused on the creation & management of industrial systems and processes that integrates people, materials, and energy in productive ways. Industrial Management is specifically concerned with engineering-oriented industries such as textiles, steel, power, chemicals, aviation and robotics.
Simply put, it involves devising ways & methods to maximize the efficiency of production processes by determining the most economical use of workers, materials, machines, time, capital, energy, and information.
A student of Industrial Management is someone who deals with problems such as planning a company's production process on a daily basis. Keeping the technicality of it aside, these people are a lot in demand because of their professionalism, expertise, as well as their accuracy. In the event, you think this is something you can do, well then. Just read on.
Bachelor’s in Industrial Engineering is the best career path you can take. You can pursue a technical or a more management-oriented path, customizing your approach to Industrial Engineering. That means your job opportunities will double. Careers can be explored in services, logistics, manufacturing, consulting and engineering services.
As an Industrial Engineer, you optimize the production and manufacturing processes. With the right education, you’ll be able to solve and organize tasks like: Where should production plants be opened, so that the costs of transporting finished products to customers is minimal? How can products be distributed worldwide in a cost-efficient manner?
Manufacturing and industrial production fields are expecting a growth in people, so to remain competitive, a degree in Industrial Management is a must.
Bachelor’s in Industrial Management is one of the most sought after courses in terms of personal growth and career growth opportunities. Listed below are some of the core courses in a Bachelor’s in Industrial Management degree:
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Operations Research
- Production Planning and Control
- Organizational Behavior
- Operations Management
- Marketing and Strategy
- Business Planning
Industrial engineers try to solve the problems by using scientific management techniques along with mathematical concepts. Following are the prerequisite subjects for a Bachelor’s in Industrial Management:
- Basic Economics
Top specialization :
- Computer selection
- Materials handling and distribution
- Human resources (training and industrial relations in a technological environment)
- Energy conservation
- Financial planning and control
- Marketing management
- Technological innovations and product planning.
The skills gained from a Industrial Management degree are likely to include:
- An understanding of how organizations operate.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Analytical and critical thinking.
- Problem solving.
- Decision making.
- Logical thinking.
- Presentation and report writing skills.
TOP Industrial Management SCHOLARSHIPS :
- IMA MEMORIAL EDUCATION FUND SCHOLARSHIP AND
- STUART CAMERON & MARGARET MCLEOD MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- AACE INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
- AFTERCOLLEGE BUSINESS STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
- AGORAPULSE SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT SCHOLARSHIP
AICP SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
- ASIAN WOMEN IN BUSINESS SCHOLARSHIP
- BRIGHTEST MINDS MBA SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
- COGNIZANT ACCELERATE DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Over the past years, a Bachelors in Industrial Management has become immensely popular among students. The course offers diverse job opportunities. Listed below some of the job opportunities:
- Industrial Production Manager
- Construction Manager
- Production Manager
- Operations Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Quality Assurance Control Manager
- Organization Transformation Consultant