University of California , Berkeley
BIO need-based financial aid is intended only for students in the most financial need who have experienced a significant, unexpected change in their financial situation. Awards are not intended to provide long-term support and will not cover full tuition and fees.
Students must meet the below eligibility criteria to apply for need-based financial aid:
- Have demonstrated financial need
- Have completed two semesters in current visa status and current program at UC Berkeley prior to the semester in which you are requesting aid. Summer does not count toward the two-semester requirement
- Be a full-time student at UC Berkeley
- The following students are NOT eligible: Students on Filing Fee, students in self-supporting programs (link is external)(e.g. MFE, LLM, Evening-Weekend MBA, Executive MBA, MAS, MIDS, MPA, M.Eng), undergraduates who have received 2 previous need-based financial aid awards. Students on In Absentia are not eligible for the Graduate Parent Grant.
- Students who have experienced unforeseen economic changes are encouraged to speak with a BIO adviser about their financial situation.
How To Apply:
The application period typically occurs at the beginning of each fall & spring semester. The fall application opens in mid-August and closes in mid-September. The spring application opens in mid-January and closes in mid-February. Instructions for accessing the application and application deadlines will be announced via email during the application period and posted below.
Award decisions are not available until after the semester begins, so students should make alternate plans to stay current on their student billing account.