US intakes usually happen in January, September, or May. Once you have applied to your short-listed universities in the US, the knuckle-cracking anxious wait begins. However, you can expect the university to respond to you in a month or a few months. For instance, if you began applying to universities by December, you can expect a response by mid-February and can keep coming in until mid-May. Choosing the right university for yourself among multiple universities can be a tiring process, but need not worry!
Let us help you finalise your favourite US university if you have landed multiple admits!
Finalising Universities: Selecting the Best US University
In case you’re accepted in multiple US universities, picking the best one for you can get overwhelming. So, how do you choose which university is the best for you? Especially if the ones you’ve got selected hold the same ranking as the others. Let us help you analyse some factors to finalise the right choice for yourself:
- Pros and Cons of the Universities: To make your decision of choosing among the universities you’ve been selected in, start with making a pro-con list. The pro-con list must list out factual differences between each of them. List the differences of the university costs in the US, lifestyle, opportunities, courses etc.
- Courses: Compare the courses, experiences, and the syllabus of each course. Make sure that the course you choose aligns with your ambitions, goals, and interests. For instance, if you are choosing an MS in the US, make sure the course ranks immensely well!
- Interact With Alumni: Another way to pick a university is by talking to the alumni of the colleges. University pass-outs engage in healthy discussions to guide others. They let you in on helpful insights, experiences, and opportunities that helped them achieve success. An interaction with someone who has been-there-done-that is the best person to talk to in this matter.
Tip: If you’ve been accepted to a university abroad and are looking out to apply for a loan, get in touch with the Yocket Loan Assistance expert. Get your study loan approved quickly without any hassle.
- Join the Yocket community: As mentioned above, the best way to find answers to your queries is by talking to peers abroad. To get in touch with students abroad, join the largest international student community of Yocket. Students all over the world are on Yocket and can help you make your decision at ease.
- F-1 Visa: In the course of your university acceptance, your visa plays an important role. Therefore, be mindful to check if the university you have been accepted to has attached an ‘I-20’ form along with your acceptance letter. This university document signifies to the US government that you’re eligible for an F-1 visa.
You should receive this document via post within 3-4 weeks of your admission. Holding this document makes you eligible for a student F-1 visa.
|Note: Some universities might also offer you the ‘I-20’ form only after you’ve provided an Affidavit, Bank Statement, Financial support, etc. for verification|
- Scholarships: Enquiring further, you can check with the scholarships offered by the various colleges you’ve been accepted to. If you’re eligible for scholarships, it will ease your study abroad expenses.
- Internships and job opportunities: Apart from the academic considerations, having a far sight about your career is important. Learning about the internships and the job opportunities you can opt for will help you determine your future path. This will clear your confusion as you will be able to visualise your future prospects. Pick the university that will teach you the skills you wish to learn.
- Other lifestyle factors: In addition to the above factors, also consider looking upon the weather, lifestyle, weekly/monthly expense, faculty, learning, social and cultural life etc. Your environment and social life play a vital role in a student’s life. To wholly enjoy your student life experience, embrace your environment. Analyse all the adjustment factors of the place you will be living in.
Suggested: How to Settle in the USA?
Picking your university gets you one step closer to pursuing your dreams. Therefore, choose a university that allows you to live the life you envisioned. Your exciting study abroad journey begins now. So, get on the ride and have fun! In case of a hitch, get in touch with a Yocket professional to help you out.
Frequently Asked Questions about Finalising US Universities from Multiple Admits
Ques. Which are some of the top US universities?
Ans. Some of the top US universities are:
Ques. What is the average fee for international students willing to study UG programs in the US?
Ans. The average tuition fees pertaining to UG programs in the US for international students is 30,000 USD to 40,000 USD per annum.
Ques. What is the employment rate at top US universities?
Ans. The employment rate at top US universities varies from 80-90%.
Ques. What is the average salary upon graduation from top US universities?
Ans. The average salary varies in the range of 40,000 USD to 50,000 USD per annum depending on the program you choose.
Ques. What are the top disciplines to study in the US?
Ans. Some of the top disciplines to study in the US for international students are:
- Finance and accounting