Masters in Engineering Management (MEM) at Queensland University of Technology is a professional master’s degree exclusively introduced to bridge the gap between engineering, technology, and management. Popularly known as the “Engineer’s MBA” or “MBA for Engineers”, a Master of Science in Engineering Management at Queensland University of Technology is an ideal choice among engineering graduates/international students who wish to combine technical skills with business acumen and move to a higher managerial role in technology.
|Course Level||Post Graduation|
|Course Duration||1.5 - 2 years|
|Average Tuition Fee||INR 19-60 lakhs per year|
|Average Salary||INR 5,78,903 to 1,53,82,293 annually|
|Top Job Roles||Automation Engineering, Chemical Process Engineer, Client Services Analyst, etc.|
It may seem that this degree from QUT is only meant for engineers to hone their management skills alone. However, the MS in engineering management program at Queensland University of Technology guides students with a broader perspective to deal with problems associated with complex and dynamic systems.
This program provides not only in-depth technical and managerial skills but also offers the necessary training to deal with people from different cultures/backgrounds. Therefore, MEM students are viewed by companies as more aware of issues, like social, culture, ethics, environment, etc, than a regular master’s degree holder.
Subjects in MS in Engineering Management
The masters in engineering management subjects at Queensland University of Technology may change based on the specialisation and course curriculum. However, the exhaustive list includes the following subjects as part of the masters in engineering management syllabus.
- Statistics and Probability
- Applied Machine Learning
- Data Science for Business Intelligence/Data Analysis
- Operations Management
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Project Management
- Product Management
- Economics & Public Policy/ Managerial Economics
- Leadership and Organisational Behaviour
- Systems Engineering and Architecture
- Manufacturing Management
- Computer Simulation for Risk
- Technology Management
- International Business Management
- Engineering Systems Simulation
- Design Project Management
Scope of MS in Engineering Management
- An international student can explore various career opportunities after completing their masters in engg management at Queensland University of Technology, like Chemical Process Engineer, Automation Engineers, Client Services Analysts, Construction Project Managers, Design Engineers, etc.
- The masters in engg management degree from QUT helps a student train themselves to manage both the work aspect of the staff and the visual resources, by organising them. It provides crucial technical knowledge and communication skills to lead a team.