- The University offers courses in a hybrid model, making it a flexible learning environment for all its students.
- The teaching at the University is awarded a Silver Award in the Teaching Excellence Framework for UK Government as the lectures and industry expertise.
- The University is situated in the heart of London, providing an excellent student experience.
- Birkbeck College is affiliated with the University of London, providing various opportunities and access to various university facilities.
- The University of London awards the degree at Birkbeck College.
- The University is famous for its evening courses that the students can pursue with their other professional commitments.
QS Global Rank
Average Living Expenses
Birkbeck University is one of the top research universities in England. Established in 1823, the University is internationally recognized through various accreditations and is known as a world-class research and teaching institute.
Having over 12,000 students annually, the University provides more than 250 master's and 300 bachelor's programs to students from over 70 countries. The five schools at the University are the School of Arts, Business, Economics and Informatics, Law, School of Science, and School of Social science, History, and Philosophy.
Top Reasons to Study in the Birkbeck College
MSc in Data Science
School of Business, Economics and Informatics
Masters in History
School of Social Sciences, History and Philosophy
MSc in Investment Management
School of Business, Economics and Informatics
Cost of Studying at Birkbeck College
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Admissions at The Birkbeck College
How to Apply at Birkbeck College
- Create an account on the application portal of the University
- Fill out the application forms
- Submit the required documents
- Provide personal details, qualifications, and work experience
- Provide personal statement
- Provide references
- Wait for the result of the admission
Documents Required to Apply to Birkbeck College
- Letter of Recommendations
- Standardized Test Scores
- English Languages Scores
- Official Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Birth Certificate
- Degree Certificates
Exams Accepted By the University
English Proficiency Requirements
Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English
Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
C or 5
Standard Level 5 or Higher Level 4
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Rankings for The Birkbeck College
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
Premium Yocketer profiles
Some of the notable alums of the University are:-
- Sidney Webb (British Politico)
- Annie Besant (Former Member of the London School Board)
- Richard Burchett (Artist)
- Jennifer Donnelly (American Writer)
- Dido (Singer-Songwriter), and many more.
Meet Our Counsellors
We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The University does not have a transportation system. Students must rely on public transport through buses, trams, and trains to commute between Birkbeck and London. The students can also use their private cars and taxis to commute between the cities. Public transport provides various student discounts when an accurate student identification is shown.
Services offered by the university
- Birkbeck's Library has access to other University of London libraries, providing more than 300,000 resources to the students and faculties.
- Studiosity is the online academic support system providing feedback on the grammar, structure, and referencing of various assignments to the students.
- The student advice department provides advice and assistance to students related to practical living and money matters.
- The Mental Health Advisory Services helps the students deal with mental health and promotes mental well-being at the University.
- The counseling service provides confidential counseling related to personal, professional, and career-related queries.
- The students have access to the student unions representing the living environment, equality, and comprehensive student services.
- The students have access to more than 50 student clubs and organizations on campus.
- Birkbeck has a very active social life with nightclubs, cafes, coffee shops, and bars.
- The students have access to various cultural events organized by the student union and the international office.
- Various annual events like Arts Week, Science Week, and One World Festival are also organized by the University.
On campus accomodation
Although the college provides some student accommodations, most students live in private accommodations outside the Birkbeck College Campus. Different capacities are available for new full-time students, continuing full-time students, part-time students, families and couples, wheelchair accessibility accommodations, and short-term accommodations. Students can also look for housing facilities in various partner halls. The average indicative rental prices are £1000 to £1200 (95,000 to 1,15,000 INR) per month.
- College Hall, Connaught Hall, The Garden Halls, Handel Mansions, and International Halls are available for new full-time students.
- The University of London accommodation portal provides various university residence halls information. The applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The city also has various independent halls of residence students can choose from.
- The University of London property management unit provides information related to private apartments that the students can rent.
Jobs and Opportunities